What Indiana Code should I cite explaining that whoever is…

Customer Question
What Indiana Code should I...
What Indiana Code should I cite explaining that whoever is the owner of the said property is the only person who can make decisions on that property and can remove anyone from it at anytime (i.e. girlfriend, friend etc.)?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/19/2010
Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Is there a lease or a rental to someone else? Why are they saying it is their home?

I own it by myself. There is no agreement, lease or legal paperwork for this person to live there. They are my ex girlfriend.

This person is my ex girlfriend and she lived with me in my house. There is no legal agreement and I am the only one on the house deed. There is no mortgage on it. I have paid for it.
You need to give the tenant a thirty day notice it they are month to month and you just want them out. You may word the letter anyway you want but it must include:
The name of each tenant in the property.
The property address.
The date you will file to evict them
Your name address and signature
It is best to have the notice served by a third party and get a certificate of service.
That is going to probably be your problem here is that she will deny getting written notice.
If they do not move Go down to your local SUPERIOR Court. Look for the Clerk's window or counter. Tell the Clerk that you want to file an IMMEDIATE POSSESSION. Do not use the word Eviction. There is a difference between Eviction and Immediate Possession. Immediate Possession is a much quicker process and accomplishes exactly the same thing. The cost depending on the County will be $42-$88 to evict a tenant. The clerk will give you all the forms and the instructions.Here I would go ahead and go to the clerk and file , especially if you can prove the 30 day notice