MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

my husband is dying in the hospital he assigned his girlfriend

Customer Question

my husband is dying in the hospital he assigned his girlfriend as his proxy and the hospital refuses to give me or his kids any information on his health because of it, we have been married for 26 years and have 2 kids together ages 21 and 25, he have this girlfriend for 3 years, do i have any rights as his legal wife?
Expert:  MShore replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the post, your recourse in this situation is to file a petition with the court to invalidate the proxy that your husband executed. Unless and until either your husband modifies the proxy or a court invalidates it, you nor your children have any recourse.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Expert:  Ray replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Sorry but as long as he was mentally capable here when he made proxy hospital has to honor it.This was his call, and I guess it only hurts himself here in the long run.But he has made his choice and under the law he can do so.I am so sorry he has chosen to do this but its legal.