can i take pictures at my daughters dance recital that was…

Customer Question
can i take pictures at...
can i take pictures at my daughters dance recital that was held at a private school in which i paid for my ticket.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/19/2010
Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Thank you for your question.

Generally yes, but such a right is not unlimited. If you are located at a private location, the owners or officers of that location can request that no pictures or images be taken (same as in some concert halls) and should you violate it, your "license" to be on the premises can be revoked, which as a consequence means that you can be ejected from the theater.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 6/19/2010 at 5:10 AM EST