If I live in New Mexico (Income Tax state) and Work in Texas…

Customer Question
If I live in New...
If I live in New Mexico (Income Tax state) and Work in Texas (non Income tax), do I need to pay income tax in New Mexico?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/19/2010
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

.

Your state of actual domicile would determine whether you would pay income taxes or not. If your principle place of residence is NM, you are considered a legal resident there and would be responsible for paying income taxes there. You would get a credit on your resident tax return for any taxes that were paid in TX

.

.

Thanks.

If I have answered your question, please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional and greatly appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.