MY QUESTION A FRIEND OF MINE WAS TRYING TO COME AND SEE ME…

Customer Question
MY QUESTION A FRIEND OF...
MY QUESTION A FRIEND OF MINE WAS TRYING TO COME AND SEE ME FROM IRAG
HIS GENERAL OKAY IT AND SAID THE COST WOULD BE $1,750.00 TO COME
OKAY I SENT THREE PAYMENT AMOUNT AT FIRST 800.00, 500.OO, AND THEN 450.00
AFTER I SENT THE 450.00 IT WAS CONFIRMED THE SCHUDULING RESERVATION AND EVERYTHING WAS TAKEN PLACE THEY SAID I HAD TO PAY ADDITIONAL 427.05 FOR A PALNE TICKET FOR SOMEONE ELSE TRANSITION SO I SENT THAT NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT I NEED TO PAY ADDITIONAL $1,100. MORE 427.05 AAND 1,100 WAS NEVER MENTION AT ALL DUE TO THE FACT THAT I SENT 427.07 FEW DAYS LATER FOR THE TICKET TRYING TO COME UP WITH THE MONEY THIS MILITARY HOW COULD I GO ABOUT RECIEVING MY MONEY BACK TO THE FULLNESS
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/19/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

This appears to be a common scam that reappears in many places and under many names. You can read about similar scams at the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

Eventually the con artist will even send you a cashier's check or money order and request that you deposit it the check and send back a portion of the funds. At sometime in the future - after you have sent the money - you will find that the check you deposited was fraudulent and the money will be assessed against you.

Here is the site to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Wish I had better news.