is a hair drug test binding for truck drivers any recourse…

Customer Question
is a hair drug test...
is a hair drug test binding for truck drivers. any recourse when failed. was told we tested it twice now must report to company. in ua u get 2 samples and can demand b sample be tested. no such thing here. it seems to be no defence against lab error. will this suspend my cdl. also passed dot ua same time
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD) replied 8 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Are you asking if hair drug tests are binding to terminate employment?
no if they go in dot and can suspend my cdl same as ua which i took same time and passed was terminated co policy that i understand but cant find any dot info there is no retest like on ua
Relist: No answer yet.
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Would you mind rephrasing and asking a specific question, please? The other expert opted out and I will try to assist you.
will the dot dot suspend my cdl test done by psychemedics lab? passed required ua same time. can i dispute result.
Yes, you can dispute the result, particularly if you passed a UA. You need to understand how the tests work and where the problems with the tests arise. There is a book, it may be out of print now, called Urine Trouble which is good. There is also an eBook which can be purchased and downloaded at http://www.shop.rebellionbooks.com/Everything-You-Need-to-Know-About-Beating-Drug-Tests-Drug-Testing1.htm which provides some good basic information about how the tests work. Both the UA and the hair follicle test have some problems which you need to be able to discuss in your endeavor.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
my main question is will dot suspend me for this
They can suspend you if made aware of the failure. They don't always, particularly if the hair test is not done within the framework of any kind of criminal prosecution (such as probation violation).