If my father-in-law changed the locks on a trailer I was living…

Customer Question
If my father-in-law changed the...
If my father-in-law changed the locks on a trailer I was living in with my family locking me out, do I have to pay the rent and utilities if my wife and kids are still living there? I don't make enough money to pay for my wife and kids to live there and me to live somewhere else. If I have to pay for their bills I will have to live in my vehicle. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

You may have legal rights to move back in, but you will have to hire a lawyer to effectively assert them. This is just a practical suggestion. Find somewhere else to live and just visit the kids while you look for decent employment that will let you pay rent on a trailer. After you accomplish that, your wife and her step-father might see things differently.

Please click on the green ACCEPT button so that I will be compensated for this answer. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you have any follow up question feel free to ask it. No attorney-client relationship is created by this answer.