We had a default judgment taken against us in another state…

Customer Question
We had a default judgment...
We had a default judgment taken against us in another state than we live. We live in Washington state and the plaintiffs company resides in Oregon. I filed a motion to set aside but the judge did not set aside but is going to schedule another hearing. The plaintiff has already scheduled garnishments beginning earlier than 30 days after judgment (next week). Can we get the garnishments stopped if we are getting another hearing?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Thanks for your question.You would need to get this heard here or court order to stop garnishment.Long term you are going to have to consider bankruptcy to stop and discharge.Otherwise they will seek to collect through garnishment and levy on any bank accounts in your name and social.Know that these are at risk and don't hold very much in them.This is something most people don't see coming until after debtor loots your bank accounts.You should go to cash only or file bankruptcy.