I am filling out a DoD Investigation Report in regard to my…

Customer Question
I am filling out a...
I am filling out a DoD Investigation Report in regard to my TSi (Top Secret clearance)and one of the questions on the form asks have you been convicted of a misdemeanor or feloney even if it has been expunged"? Can the DoD find out if I say No. 3 years ago I was involved in a misunderstanding with an article I had purchased at a Home Depot, was not arrested but was fined, went to court with my lawyer and the charges were dismissed. Had my case expunged. I don't want to lose my TSi, but I don't want to lie to the DoD either (I work for a defense Company). Please help! Thank you very much
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

They'll know one way or another. While civil companies do not have access to expunged information; local police, federal police, and gov't agencies do. They'll know anyways, so if you lie, you're just going to fail the application process. But don't worry, such a minor expunged record is not a big deal, especially if you explain it to them just like you did to me here.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”