How do I file a response to a complaint in Hilsborough County…

Customer Question
How do I file a...
How do I file a response to a complaint in Hilsborough County Florida?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I am going to paste a sample answer below. TITLE AND PARTIES (just copy of their filing)

DEFENDANT'S ORIGINAL ANSWER (centered)

NOW COMES Defendant, YOUR NAME, named Defendant in the above-entitled and numbered cause, and files this Original Answer, and shows the Court:

PARTY IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION 1. The last three digits of the driver's license number of YOUR NAME are ...... The last three digits of the social security number for YOUR NAME are .....

GENERAL DENIAL Defendant denies each and every allegation of Plaintiff's Original Petition, and demands strict proof thereof as required by rules of evidence and procedure for the State of _________.

PRAYER Defendant prays the Court, after notice and hearing or trial, enters judgment in favor of Defendant, awards Defendant the costs of court, attorney's fees, and such other and further relief as Defendant may be entitled to in law or in equity.

Respectfully submitted,

Your Signature

Your name

(NEW PAGE)

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE (centered)

I certify that on (date filed) a true and correct copy of Defendant's Original Answer was served to the opposite party via (fax/cert mail).

Your Signature

Your name

You file a copy with the Court, and file a copy with the opposite side by cert letter (RRR) or a fax to the attorney if it is an attorney with fax confirmation.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Eli do I just file this at the Court House and the Plaintifs attorney?

You got it. I actually did address it above ("You file a copy with the Court, and file a copy with the opposite side by cert letter (RRR) or a fax to the attorney if it is an attorney with fax confirmation") but I should have been more specific, my apologies. Then you're okay for not defaulting, and hopefully this can be done away with via mediation.