I purchased my home in April 2010 and gave my landlord at apartment…

Customer Question
I purchased my home in...
I purchased my home in April 2010 and gave my landlord at apartment complex written notice of April 23, 2010. I moved out May 31, 2010. My rent has never been late and I was due to renew in July 2010. Also I had to pay $612.37 for June 1 - 23, 2010. Do I owe any more money. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Does he say you do, and if so, for what?

I paid $612.37 for 60 termination notice and now they say I owe $799.00 termination fee.

Thanks Robin

Did you break lease early or complete it? If you completed it, did you give proper notice per the agreement?

My lease renewal would have been next month (July 2010). I gave and paid my 60 day termination notice of $612.37 for me providing written notice of moving on May 31, 2010 from April 23, 2010 to June 23, 2010. I am concerned about a termination fee of an addition ($799.00) vs. termination notice I paid ($612.37).

Thanks!

Robin

Well, do you have a COPY of the contract?
Not on me. I can obtain the copy.
Can you please, and then get back to me...it's hard to answer this question unless we have a copy to work with.
I will see if the Leasing Manager will email me a copy today.
Okay, I'll be here :)
I just forwarded an email request to send me a copy of my signed lease agreement. I am awaiting a response.
No problem...if I am offline when you get it back, just let me know and I should be notified. :)