I am purchase a Tv from a online Company VENUE the web site…

Customer Question
I am purchaseing a Tv...
I am purchaseing a Tv from a online Company VENUE.com the web site is still offering layaway now and CC with them, my Tv does not work it is only 18 months old I am still paying I called the customer service # XXXXX said VENUE is no longer in buisness and that i will have to have the TV fixed my self.What can I do this is false advertisement.If there is no more company why would I still pay on the TV?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Attorney & Mediator
If there is no more company why would I still pay on the TV?

Because being out of business does not mean your payment obligations cancel out.

With that said, they are still obligated to comply with any warranties you may have purchased with the T.V. If you did not buy anything product warranties, then you are liable for the repairs. If you got a broken product (meaning you did not cause the T.V. to malfunction) then it is possible to file a credit card dispute regarding the products they sold. If they are still in business but they are claiming they are not, then you can file a complaint with the consumer protection agency of Georgia to investigate for possible unfair and deceptive business practices. The last option would be to sue and let the court decide.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.