as far as him living here and not paying half the bill, i kept…

Customer Question
as far as him living...
as far as him living here and not paying half the bill, i kept a record of all the monies he gave me and it only adds up to about half of what he should have. we were engaged and he is a truck driver, he told me when he left that he shouldnt have to give me half because he was only here one or two days a week, but he did verbally agree to pay half the household bills b 4 he moved in and he recieved his mail here and his things were here and his dog and some of his things are still here and including the dog. is the jodge going to tell me that since there was no written agreement that he doesnt owe me anything?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: C.Fortunato, Attorney replied 8 years ago
C.Fortunato
C.Fortunato, Attorney
Hi JACustomer,
You do not need a written agreement to win a case, because verbal agreements are just as binding as verbal agreements - they are just harder to prove.
ok, we financed a vehicle together in march, i made the down payment and we have both made half of each monthly payment together since then. he took off with the vehicle, leaving me no transportation for me to get back and forth to work, or to take my child that has medical problems to her dr appointments. am i entitled to what i paid into that vehicle and if hes going to keep it how do i get my name off the title, i dont want to b responsible for something im not driving should he wreck it or not finish paying for it
I don't know how to remove your name from the vehicle, so I am releasing this question for someone else to answer.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.I am sorry but the judge is correct here in Missouri that unless you are married or ther is written contract they will not enforce any agreement here.You could hire lawyer to file partition suit to seek to force sale of vehicle --he either buys you out or you buy him out-or the judge orders sale.But that is your only remedy as far as the vehicle.The rest of the bills I am afraid they will not deal with as judge told you.
Ray, Lawyer