What do I do if my lawyer illegally entered my apartment with…

Customer Question
What do I do if...
What do I do if my lawyer illegally entered my apartment with a cop and without a search warrant, found marijuana seeds, had us both arrested, got evicted, lost my one client and only source of income, and major expenses?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney replied 8 years ago
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney

Under what basis did your lawyer state he was entering your apartment with a police officer?

She told my partner who was in the apartment that it was for a water leak "inspection" but went straight to my bedroom to go through my nightstand. She also was inept to bring up my ex business partner in the conversation, who is a friend of hers, saying that my partner was going to sue me for a lot of money. So she then told the cop or security guard to arrest him. She then called me at the office and told me that there was an emergency at home, as a water leak was going to damage my things. I told her since I paid her three times as much rent for a corporate apartment and since she had a key that she needed to handle it. I went straight to her office upon returning from work and she told me that she had received an anonymous call saying there were drugs in the apartment and that is why she entered. She had me arrested on the spot. It is very obvious about the violations but I just do not know what to do. Thank you.

You mean your landlord? Did she evict you for engaging in criminal activity on the premises?
Yes
You may sue the landlord for unlawful detainer, since she had no right to enter your apartment and as such, violated your right to quiet enjoyment of the property.