can a employee in a county clerk office notorize candidates…

Customer Question
can a employee in a...
can a employee in a county clerk office notorize candidate's papers

does permanent abode mean living there everyday
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Nobody can notarize anything, no matter what their position is, unless they are a Notary Public and licensed by the State.

A permanent abode is someone's permanent residence

___________________________________________

That is the only way I get paid

Positive Feedback, BONUS are not required but they are a nice way to show you appreciate the expert's time and effort

If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

____________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

The deputies in the clerk's office are notary publics. My concern is if they can notarize a candidate's petition when the election results are tallied in that office.

The residency issue is the tax bill goes to a different address then the name on the registered voter list, but under the same name. The water bill also goes to the same address as the tax bill. If the driver's license is the same as the registerd voter does that constitute permanent abode.

If the deputies are licensed by the State as Notaries, then they can notarize.

With regard to your second question, nobody can answer that because it depends on what the person signing his name has declared to the County what his permanent residence is. Someone can have a permanent residence elsewhere, but received his driver's license at a temporary address.

The address someone has for purposes of voting would be their permanet residence

________________________________________________

That is the only way I get paid

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

So someone can say they live somewhere to vote and run for a position even if they aren't there, but somewhere else?

If that is the case, you should report them because what they are doing is not legal

_______________________________________________

That is the only way I get paid

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Do I need to hire an investigator or an attorney to prove the fact

The site policy is to encourage the customer to ask follow up questions to clarify the answer the Expert has given the customer. I will be in violation of the site rules if I continue to answer different questions and I do not want to get into trouble.

______________________________________________

That is the only way I get paid

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR