Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
5180018

I sold a mobile home 2 years ago; the buyers should have had

Customer Question

I sold a mobile home 2 years ago; the buyers should have had it paid off in Nov. 2009. But, they still owe $1500, and have ignored all my phone calls and e-mail. (I don't live in the area) No banks were involved; it was strictly an owner (me) financed thing. The home is in a park. Do I do a repossesion?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.

Do you have a lien on the mobil home?

Is there a promissory note?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is no lien on the mobile home.....I had paid it off

There is no promissory note, just a contract listing the price, when the payments are to be made, etc.
Since you did not place a lien on the home securing your interest then you must sue to obtain the money. If you are not paid the money after you obtain a judgement in court, then you can reposs the mobile home.