i did send a question about my condo/villa and who is responsible…

Customer Question
i did send a question...
i did send a question about my condo/villa and who is responsible for a leak that is letting water come into my home on the perimeter of the home. The president of The condo association claims that they are not responsible for any repairs. My adjuster from my home owners insurance policy that I have with Allstate says that it is indeed the Condo Assoc that should be involved with the repairs. The management company that handles the Condo Assoc. is changing hands of july 1. I do not want to fall in between everyone deciding that it belongs to someone else. The date of discovery is 6/8/10 when I attempted to have my carpets cleaned and the leaking in two rooms was discovered. When it when can I expect an answer?rains it comes in quite a bit.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: NYLAWLADY, Attorney replied 8 years ago
NYLAWLADY
NYLAWLADY, Attorney
You need to check the bylaws of the condominium association and the rules of the Homeowners association which will govern. Your insurance company would love to put the responsibility elsewhere so it won't have to pay. I would also seek the advice of a local attorney just in case.

Is there anything else I can help you with? Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated .This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Nor is an attorney-client relationship established. Thank you very much.