i bought a condo in a different school district than my primary…

Customer Question
i bought a condo in...
i bought a condo in a different school district than my primary residence in order to get my kids into that school system. i do not rent the condo. we stay there from time to time. i pay property taxes there and have utility bills there in my name. however, the school board is fighting me, claiming that they have been investigating and spying on me and my family, stating that i do not live in their school district. my two kids have attended the new school the past year and they love it. however, the school board has decided that i dont live in that condo and has assessed me a $8000 bill that i must pay before my kids can attend the school any further. my daughter is presently attending summer school there and they want her out now or for me to pay. i refuse to pay as i own property in the district and pay property taxes. what can i do now to force them to accept my kid in the school this summer? can i file an injunction to force them to accept my daughter this summer? advice?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/18/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
If you have gone through all of their appeal processes then it is time to take it to the courts. You can ask for an injunction requiring them to keep your daughter in school and to prevent them from charging you extra. You can also ask for a declaratory judgment from the court that you are a resident of that district.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.