Hello, In Texas Code which trumps which, Fathers Day

Customer Question
Hello,...
In Texas Code which trumps which, Fathers Day versus summer vacation?
We live in same city 4 miles apart. They are not going on vacation. They are going to be in her apartment this weekend. She states “You Can not see them for father’s day it is my time.”
I am primary for both children whom live with me. They visit their mother on weekends.
Patrick Zepeda [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/17/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.You look to the orders of visitation here.Assuming they are standard visitation orders I am afraid she wins here if this is her regular scheduled visitation.The problem here is that you are managing and she only gets visitation.If she had the kids here and you had visitation then the Fathers Day rule would trump here.But since she only has visitation here you can't trump her regular visitation.I am sorry and wish I could tell you otherwise.If you want this day you need to motion to modify visitation and likely court would agree with you and change this for future years.I am sorry but legally under standard visitation she wins.Please feel free to compare the standard visitation with yours to see if ther is deviation.

Standard..

http://divorcemyself.com/faqvisitation.html

I am a Texas lawyer and I would have made sure to have court deviate this and correct it.You may want to return here and correct for future years.Obviously the ex here enjoys pushing your buttons..

Father's Day Weekend-Patrick Zepeda shall have the right to pocession of the child each year, begining at 6:00 p.m. on the friday preeceding Fathers Day and ending at

6:00 p.m. on Fathers Day, provided that if Patrick Zepeda isnot otherwisee entiltled

under this pocession order to present possession of the child, he shall pick up the child from Desiree Christine Zepeda's residence and return the child to that same place.

this is what decree says. In addition I am primary we are joint. I decided where they live. They live with me, go to her 1,3, 5th weekends. I would be MC she PC. I do not know if your anwer is right?

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Hey I would say that trumps here.That shoudl give you the right to the child pursuant to orders.It would be contemptable here if she denies.