my license is suspended. the new jersey division of motor vehicle…

Customer Question
my license is suspended. the...
my license is suspended. the new jersey division of motor vehicle told me i could write a letter to request a dismissal of the suspension. what is the best way to go about writing this letter. Should i hire a lawyer to write it for me even?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/17/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

What was it suspended for?

i've accumulated 16 points on my license, not because im that crazy of a driver but i was 17 and i had bad luck speeding here and there. anyway, i had gone to a drivers course to deduct some points but they put me on a license type probation. i had later gotten a ticket in the state of ny. that had no effect on my license for 8-9 months but in between all that i got another speeding ticket which had me suspended immediately for 3 months. those 3 months are up, but now they want to come back with that upstate new york ticket after almost one year and suspend it for 6 months so i think its really ridiculous how they can toss around suspensions.
You do need an attorney to write the letter. Did you want me to help you find an affordable one?
yeah that'd be helpful. and how much do you think one would charge for such a letter.
Sorry, JustAnswer experts can't take on clients outside of JA, it's against the rules. But expect about $200. I'd like to refer you to the NJ Bar's Referral program. The program is free. The attorneys are vetted, qualified, and affordable. If memory serves me right, you also get a free consultation once you are matched up with an attorney from the category that you need (or at least the consultation is very cheap - I know this for a fact). The link to the Bar's referral service is below.

http://www.njsba.com/lawyer_referral/

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”