Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I intend to represent myself in a criminal harassment case

Customer Question

I intend to represent myself in a criminal harassment case in court. The charge is a libel charge that has been put against me because I had the plantiff's son put into jail because he assaulted me and stole from me. Can someone please help me by telling me the court procedure that is going to take place step by step so that I can be a little familiar with the process before I go to court? It is such a ridiculous case that I do not see the point of bringing in a lawyer to represent me, but I don't really know how cases like that are handled, such as opening statements and such.
Expert:  xavierjd replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Libel is a civil charge. What is the actual charge on your ticket or what have you been told that you are being charged with?

What state are you in?

Thanks