How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24659
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I intend to represent myself in a criminal harassment case

Customer Question

I intend to represent myself in a criminal harassment case in court. The charge is a libel charge that has been put against me because I had the plantiff's son put into jail because he assaulted me and stole from me. Can someone please help me by telling me the court procedure that is going to take place step by step so that I can be a little familiar with the process before I go to court? It is such a ridiculous case that I do not see the point of bringing in a lawyer to represent me, but I don't really know how cases like that are handled, such as opening statements and such.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  xavierjd replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for using


Libel is a civil charge. What is the actual charge on your ticket or what have you been told that you are being charged with?


What state are you in?