Pro se in divorce. Wifes attorney keeps sasking for financial…

Customer Question
Pro se in divorce. Wife's...
Pro se in divorce. Wife's attorney keeps sasking for financial docs. She has previously filed motion to compel which my atty at time did not respond to and subsequently got a judegment which I am fighting.

Recently she asked once more for banking and charge account statements going back several months. They wer previously providedbut she is asking for updated ones. However when I asked her to produce the same for my wife's accounts she ignored my request. she only produced one month's statement and nothing on the charge account. I have asked her twice to provide this information but she has ignored my requests.

Question is - do I have to provide this documentation when she has failed to do so?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/17/2010
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

As the old saying goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right." Or, is it a "left?"Cooltitle="Cool" width="18" height="18"/>

Whatever.

You have to provide the documents. If the other party does not respond to your discovery request, the you can file a motion to compel, just as it was filed against you.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.