My late husband died of lung cancer in Dec 2008. Can I be…

Customer Question
My late husband died of...
My late husband died of lung cancer in Dec 2008. Can I be apart of the class action suit in Fla?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/17/2010
Lawyer: legaleagle, Lawyer (JD) replied 8 years ago
legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
If you are his heir you can participate in place.
He died without a will but everything was jointly owned. Am I his heir? He had no minor children. Also what do you mean "in place"
If you were his wife at the time of his death and he did not have children that were not also your children then you would be his only heir. if he had children from another relationship then you and they are his heirs and they would have rights to any class action payout.

I was his wife at the time of his death , no we did not have children together but he had a son by his first wife an adopted daughter by his second wife and with her they had three children. Dieing without a will,how could they have rights to any class action? The first two wifes are dead.

How do I go about this now?

You contact the lawyers representing the class and you join the class. The children have to join on their own and you have no obligation to add them or tell them about it. The ex wives have no claims.