Hello. What are my rights as a mobile home owner I moved out…

Customer Question
Hello. What are my rights...
Hello. What are my rights as a mobile home owner? I moved out and was paying lot rent until 4 months ago when my husband lost his job. Trailer was flooded also about this time due to broken pipe socouldn't sell it. Just got action for forcible entry and detainer to show up to court July 1st. Should I hire lawyer or just show up to court?. I'm guilty but I just don't want to be taken for a ride. The owner is dishonest enough from actions I 've seen in the past to take me for all I got which isn't much. What should I do to safeguard him messing me over?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/17/2010
Lawyer: Jack R., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney

forcible detainer is an action to recover possession of property, it is an eviction to remove you from the landlord's property. If you have already left then more than likely it is to remove the trailer if it is yours.

The landlord can recover lost rents and the rent for the remainder of the lease.

A attorney can help protect your rights. If you cannot pay the rent, an attorney will not be able to help much if the landlord has followed the legal prerequisites to the forcible detainer action.

If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.