I have to sell my house in order to get a divorce so she will…

Customer Question
I have to sell my...
I have to sell my house in order to get a divorce so she will have enough money to go on with her life. Is there another option for me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
i am not quite sure of your legal question. Could you please clarify?
how can I start divorce proceedings and have her move out if we have no assets to divide until the house is sold?
You can start the divorce proceedings and ask the judge to award you sole possession of the house until it sold. However, I doubt that the judge will do so. How long have you been married? What is the amount of equity in the house.