I HAVE RECEIVED MUCH ABUSE FROM MY SON AND HIS EX-WIFE. HIS…

Customer Question
I HAVE RECEIVED MUCH ABUSE...
I HAVE RECEIVED MUCH ABUSE FROM MY SON AND HIS EX-WIFE. HIS HAS COME IN NEVER TELLING THE TRUTH, HERS IN BELITTLING ME THROUGH SHARPNESS OF VOICE AND MANY OCCASIONS OF HER THROWING TIRADES AT THE CHILDREN WHEN I HAVE VISITED, EXCLAIMING "I AM A BITCH' AND "THIS IS MY HOUSE!" ONCE SHE YELLED AT ME "GET SOME TESTOSTERONE." I CALLED HER WHEN I HAD PROLONGED FLU SYMPTOMS, ASKING FOR HELP AND HER REPLY WAS "TOUGH!" I LOANED MY SON MOST OF MY SAVINGS OVER A TWO YEAR PERIOD WHICH HER REFUSED PAYMENT. FINALLY I INSISTED ON HIS SIGNING A GENEROUS PAYBACK DOCUMENT. NOW HE IS 2 1/2 MONTHS PAST DUE. I OWN MY HOUSE TOGETHER WITH MY SON. HE AND HIS WIFE ARE DIVORCED. I DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE DIVORCED FOR MANY MONTHS. THERE WAS A PROPERTY SETTLEMENT UNDISCLOSED TO ME. SHE NOW CLAIMS HE CONTINUES TO OWE HER. BOTH OF THEM WANT A QUICK SALE OF MY HOUSE TOGETHER WITH HERS NEXT DOOR. I NEED MORE RETURN THAN A QUICK SALE. WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE IN ANY TERMS, INCLUDING ABUSE? I AM [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2010
Lawyer: Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney replied 8 years ago
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Do you reside in your house with your son?
No, he only lived with me for about a week, talking very loudly during his business communications. I complained and he left soon after. I have lived here alone for 16 years, 22 miles from them, with his refusing to take steps to sell. Three times I called asking him to take me to the emergency room and had to plead and get [email protected]

Hi again,

I'm so sorry for the strife here. With regard to your post:

OK, it sounds like you are saying that now they are rushing you to sell? They can not force you to move faster than you want, at least not terribly fast. Your son could ultimately force a sale via a petition with the court, like any joint owner - or you could buy him out and stay. Likewise, he could buy you out of your 1/2 and you could walk away.

Unfortunately, with regard to their selfishness and nastiness - unfortunately, that is not illegal, however unpleasant it may be. He is also not required, under the law, to take you to the hospital - although morally, of course, it is reprehensible if he would fail to.

Going back to the house, you may want to indicate to your son that if you can come to an agreement on a listing price, you can put it in the market, but that if the market is such that it may be better to way a couple of years, let him know that you are prepared to do that. As for the wife, sounds like she has no say, since she is not on the deed. It is a shame that you ever decided to deed the house to your son at all, as it is always difficult to jointly own something, should the relationship start to wear.

Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. If you need more detail, please click Reply, not ReList and I will gladly respond. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.

Ms. Joy,

I cannot let go of this yet because something compelling lingers. I will try doing nothing until I can remember. Sorry.
No problem, I am here is you remember what you need to follow up on here. Have a great day.