We have a small business outside of Ohio and have been sued…

Customer Question
We have a small business...
We have a small business outside of Ohio and have been sued in an Ohio County Court. The Summons we got has no court date but says we have to file an answer. How do we do that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. You are a corporation?
well, we are a dba of a corporation
A corporation has to be represented by a lawyer so have a lawyer negotiate a settlement or else file a general denial answer.
The rules I read said a corporation can be represented by a bona fide officer or salaried employee of a corporation.
I am not aware of such an exception but will open the question to my colleagues for more comment.
O.K. Maybe it helds for you to know that the amount we are being sued for is about $2,000
O.K. Maybe it helps you to know the amount we are being sued for is just over $2,000
someone should take over soon for me.
O.K. Thanks
sure