hello my husband went to buy 2 mikes hard lemonade for a friend…

Customer Question
hello my husband went to...
hello my husband went to buy 2 mike's hard lemonade for a friend @7eleven and he was wearing his chef jacket w the logo of the rest where he works the lady that rung him up called his restaurant and told the owner my husbands name and said that he drank a beer there and bought 2 more to watch out for this employee that was drunk. my husband didnt drink anything and the drinks he bought were not for him, the lady just assumed and totally jeapordized his job is there anything we can do about it, thank you
shayra(NNN) [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2010
Lawyer: AttorneyTom, Attorney replied 8 years ago
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney

­Please Note: I receive no salary or hourly wage. I do not get paid anything at all unless you click Accept. Clicking Accept simply applies your current deposit to this question and will not result in additional charges to your credit card. If you are a monthly subscriber to JustAnswer, clicking accept does not cost you anything additional. Please respect the Honor System and click Accept when you are pleased with the quality of the response so that I am compensated for responding to your question.

Thank you for your question.

What follows may or may not be what you want to read. However, please do not shoot the messenger. While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth.

If she made false statements about him that resulted in damages (reputation, loss of employment, etc.), he may have a basis to file suit against her (and possibly her employer, as well) for defamation. A successful defamation plaintiff must typically show that:
1. The defendant made a statement of fact to a third party regarding the plaintiff;
2. The statement was not true;
3. The statement harmed the plaintiff.

Please remember to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does
not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Sincerely,
T-USA

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at
Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).