I am trying to research laws on organ transplants; non-us laws.

Customer Question
Any references would be greatly...
I am trying to research laws on organ transplants; non-us laws. Any references would be greatly appreciated
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Do you want law in Belize or where, it varies by country??

I am interested in developing a model law tht wou9ld allow some kind of restitution for the donor, and wou9ld like to know if this has been done anywheere. It is my understanding that Belize has no law at his time.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Unique idea here in Israel--it gets around the selling or organs but gives them somethign in return

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/compensation-for-organ-donation-1.212687

The other side of the issue..

Transplantation also raises a number of bioethical issues, including the definition of death, when and how consent should be given for an organ to be transplanted and payment for organs for transplantation. Other ethical issues include transplantation tourism and more broadly the socio-economic context in which organ harvesting or transplantation may occur. A particular problem is organ trafficking.

Reference..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_transplant

Edited by RayAnswers on 6/16/2010 at 7:41 PM EST

Thank you for your time, but this is all old info that I foound. i should pay for wikepedia research??

PS

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Your welcome and good luck here