If you won a case in civil court, how long does the another…

Customer Question
If you won a case...
If you won a case in civil court, how long does the another party has until. they have to issue your check you were award in court.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2010
Lawyer: Jack R., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney

Winning in court does not by itself carry any time limit or compel payment.by the loser. What you have is a judgment or obligation for payment. You should send a demand letter giving the other party 10 days to pay. If the other party fails to pay you will need to start collection procedures which can include garnishment of wages/accounts, attachment of personal property, and liens against real property.

If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.