In the beging of the year, a woman lost her husband and her…

Customer Question
In the beging of the...
In the beging of the year, a woman lost her husband and her two sons, coming home from church by and illegal. There was a terrible car accident and all three of her family were killed. She went to sue the State and all I know was she could not. There was not alot of press on this. I had the article and I can't find it can you please help me? I do beleive the reason she could not sue it was because it was a sovernity state.
I have a personal reason for this informaton I could use some help.
Thank You!
With warm regards:
Monique Thibodeaux [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

The reason that the woman likely could not sue the state is because of the doctrine of sovereign immunity. Sovereign immunity is a judicial doctrine that prevents the government from being sued except in areas where it has granted its consent to suit

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX need to know where and when this happened. I am kinda of looking for more information than that. I already understand the answer you gave me. when, where this woman lost her whole family in 1 shot by someone who legally from my understanding does not belong here and has done this before.
I have no way to research who the person was. This is a site for legal information