my husband and I are separated for 9 months now and havent…

Customer Question
my husband and I are...
my husband and I are separated for 9 months now and haven't had the money to file for divorce yet. Last night when I took the kids to see him he and I went to go get some dinner for the kids and an argument broke out. The kids were at home with his mother, he got so angry (he had been drinking) and was driving after I got out to go in the grocery store that he started driving very fast (up to 90mph) and squealing the tires and he was threatening to drive the tahoe into a tree. Once we got to his moms it got worse, he was screaming and yelling threatening to kill me and him. Our 6 and 1 year olds were in the car and his mother was trying to help calm him down. He hit me and while I was on the phone with 911 he took the phone and threw it across the yard. He grabbed a huge rock and threw it at the car windshield where the kids were at and hit the car. I got the sherrif there and he was arrested. I don't know what to do now. I don't have the money to get a lawyer and am scared.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2010
Lawyer: D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney replied 8 years ago
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
You need to file for an order of protection/restraining order against your husband on behalf of you and your kids. You do not need to spend a lot of money to do this. You can call the police and ask for assistance or you can go to the clerk of your county court and ask for an application. Once the paperwork is filed, the judge will set-up a hearing and either grant or deny your petition. If it is granted, then your husband legally cannot be around you or your children.
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney

What good does an order of protection do for me, he knows where I live and work. If he really does go off the deep end then it isn't going to stop him

If he tries to violate the order and comes near you at work or at home, he will be arrested.

I live in Phenix City Al, he lives in Shiloh in Harris county ga where he is in jail for 24hrs, we both work in Columbus, he is a chef and I am an EMT. Where do i go to get order of protection? what state and will it work in both states?

You can get it in Arizona and yes it will work in both states.