son moved out from an apartment in arizona, he is on the lease…

Customer Question
son moved out from an...
son moved out from an apartment in arizona, he is on the lease agreement, however his share is 250.oo amonth until July 2010, he has to show up in court tomorrow. the other party involved set the payment amount who is the primary renter. the apartment complex wanted 1389.00 by today to keep it out of court, however I was not able to come up with my sons share. When speaking to the complex manager she was not sure exactly how much my sons share was, and informed me that it was between the two parties. Please advise on the best way to deal with this. I did tell my son that in his best interest to show up in court to avoid a bench warrant.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2010
Lawyer: D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney replied 8 years ago
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Your son is not being charged criminally, it appears to be a civil action. This means that if he does not appear in court, there won't be any be warrants issued or jail-time imposed, it means that the court can issue a judgment in favor of the person who is suing him.
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX on a pre-paid legal plan with my son which I pay out close to 50.00 dollars a month for legal help and advise. Because the time frame was so short notice in what was going on, I called the legal service, got my son to talk to an attorney, however my son said she was rude and he still didnt know what to do, so I told him the best thing for him to do is show up in court. Is this ok. I will be calling the attorneys office today. I have found this web site to be very helpful.
Yes, it is okay for him to show up in court. However, he should get an attorney to represent him and prepare and file an answer to the complaint.