Im a AVP of a large bank in NY- I have been harrased at work…

Customer Question
Im a AVP of a...
Im a AVP of a large bank in NY- I have been harrased at work by a employees husband since 0ct 09 multiple times saying i'm having a affair with his wife.I have written to my HR dept 3 times on each incident but there answer to me was maybe I should transfer to one of our NJ stores. On one incident this person followed me 25 miles in 2 counties to my home cutting me off on the highway stoping short in front of me and backing up his car at me when the light was green-He has also called me at home after the local ploice told him not to make any contact,I made a complaint to the NYS Police and went in front of the Town Judge and was awarded a a restraining notice for myself and Family for 6 months.The charge was penal law 240-26 harrasment 2nd degree- now went in front of the same Judge 2 months later from the ADA and she closed the case and cancelled my restraining order and i was told there is nothing I can do-I read the law and it looks to be what happened to me what is stated in 240-26.I believe being harrased as a male at work and showed the complaint to my HR dept 3 times they never followed the procedure in what was given to me as a employee of this bank.Can I appeal this judge decision and can I file charges against the Bank. That i was harrased on the Job by a employees husband on bank property 3 times and they did nothing about it. Im sorry to say but as a male i feel like this is reverse discrimination-Because if i did this i would be fired and brought up on charges-I have all 3 statements that was sent to the HR and upper management but again the best they can do was asked me to transfer.On all incidents this was done on bank property in front of other employees
Thank You fro any help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
You can appeal the judge's decision but you will want to hire a lawyer to handle it because appeals are extremely procedural in nature and easy to mess up.

I agree it appears to be discrimination since you wouldn't be treated the same if you were a woman. You MUST file a complaint with the EEOC quickly or you will be barred from pursuing this matter any further. Be sure you go through all the appeals processes in the company first.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
im filing with the EEOC now and i did speak to some lawyers but the up front cost was to much for my family at this time.I have been told not in so many words because im a male it would be hard to do. I had a meeting with my Head of HR ,Corporate security my regional VP and my district Manager in confrence and they told me that they cant do anything and thats when they asked me to transfer out of the state to a new location. I do belive they bank is more afraid of making any moves because of the other employees race and are more affraid of her and her husband .In court today her husband made a statement that now his wife filled a sexual harrasment complaint with the Bank against me-WHICH IS FALSE there is no such complaint.I feel like I cant get help because of being a White male-my question showing multiple proof of harasment and reading penal law 240-26 I cant see how this Judge throughs out a restraing order she gave me for 6 months and cancels it in 2.5 months and his actions did not cover the penal law 240-26 if you read it it covers everything that happened to me which is all documented
The law isn't always fair or just, unfortunately. If the EEOC finds that you were discriminated against you shouldn't have any problem finding a lawyer, but if they offer mediation during the process and the employer agrees you should try that.

Also, when you file your charge be sure and put down sex and race discrimination.