CAN I HAVE AN INVESTIGATION DONE IF I AM 99.99% POSITIVE THAT…

Customer Question
CAN I HAVE AN INVESTIGATION...
CAN I HAVE AN INVESTIGATION DONE IF I AM 99.99% POSITIVE THAT MY PARENTS ARE TRYING SOMETHING
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/16/2010
Lawyer: M.Arch,
 replied 8 years ago
M.Arch
Chat Conversation Started
MJ :

Hello, could you please explain your situation? What do you think your parents are "trying", what evidence do you have of this or what reasons do you have to suspect it, and to what type of investigation are you referring?

Customer:

THEY ARE VERY CONTROLING THERE ACCUSEING ME OF STUFF IM NOT DOING,HAVING MY COMPUTER TAPE SO I CAN NOT DO MY ONLINE CLASSES, TELLING ME I AM NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE MY CAR THAT I WORK AND PAY FOR ECT

MJ :

Ok, well those sound like difficult things to live with, but not necessarily illegal. What do you want an investigation to accomplish?

MJ :

Do you own the car? Is your name on the title? Do you own the computer?

Lawyer: M.Arch,
 replied 8 years ago
Chat Conversation Ended

Your expert is gathering additional information and will be back with you shortly.
Lawyer: M.Arch,
 replied 8 years ago
HelloCustomer
I'm sorry that we got disconnected last night - that "chat" feature is new and seems to be a bit buggy.
Please get back to me with additional detail so that I can answer your question, or direct it to the appropriate other expert category.

We will need to know all of the following:
Are you over 18?
Are you living with your parents?
Do your parents own the car, the computer, etc.?
What do you think that your parents are doing that needs to be investigated?
What type of investigation are you referring to (i.e. are you asking if you can get the police involved, or are you asking how to retain the services of a private investigator?)

Thank you in advance for this additional information.

Edited by MJ on 6/16/2010 at 5:08 PM EST

I AM 26

YES

NO, I WORRK AND PAID FOR THEM

THEY HAVE BEEN TALKING TO LAWYERS PLUS WENT TO COURT SERVAL TIMES BEFORE

WANTING TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT IT AND WHERE DO I NEED TO GO FOR HELP BECAUSE I WANT OUT I AM TIRED OF NOT HAVING FREEDOM

WANT TO GAIN FREEDOM OUT OF ALL OF THIS

Lawyer: M.Arch,
 replied 8 years ago
HelloCustomerand thank you for replying.

I must say I'm still not entirely clear on the problem nor on specifically what your question is.
Again:
Specifically what type of investigation do you want to initiate?
Are you asking if this is a police matter?
Do you want to know how to hire a private investigator?
Do you have a legal question?

Please let us know, so that we can make sure that your question is in the most appropriate category, and can provide you with an informed answer.

Under ordinary circumstances the clear thing to do here would be to move out of your parents' house, since you are not getting along with each other and you are unhappy with their actions and wishing for more freedom.
If you are 26 and working then it is only natural to want freedom. So even if moving out is financially or otherwise infeasible in the short-term future, the thing to do would be to focus on the goal of moving out, and work toward being able to do this financially and to work through any other issues that are stopping you from leaving.

I get the feeling there may be circumstances you haven't made clear yet. Is there something else that is preventing you from leaving?
Are you unable to leave because your parents need your financial support? Are they disabled or elderly and unable to live alone?
Are you under house arrest?
Is there a court order making you a ward of your parents? (Did they go to court to get a conversatorship?)
What are they talking to lawyers about?
What did they go to court for several times?

You're 26, and you're working, and you own the car and the computer. Since these things are your property, under most circumstances your parents would have no right to prevent you from using them.
How can your parents prevent you from using the car?
What makes you think your parents are tapping your computer?

I'm sorry if these questions are overly personal - but without this information it's very difficult to know just what to do to address your question.

Edited by MJ on 6/19/2010 at 2:08 AM EST
CAN I HAVE UR NUMBER SO I CAN CALL YOU
Lawyer: M.Arch,
 replied 8 years ago
Thanks for getting back to me Tashleeann,

I'm sorry but experts at JustAnswer are not allowed to communicate with customers by phone or in other ways off of the site.

Please just try to explain the situation here in writing.
I'm sure that by continuing to write back and forth here we can get to the root of the issue and come up with a plan of action!
But, I need you to answer my questions so that I can understand your situation.

MJ
I HAVE BEEN PUTTING UP WITH THIS FOR 5 YEARS AND I AM TRIED OF IT EVERY TIME I WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO BETTER MYSELF OR WANT MORE FREEDOM THEY RUN TO A LAWYER AND THEN TO COURT AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY I CAN NOT GET ANSWERS AND WHEN I ASK FOR HELP I CANNOT GET IT
Lawyer: M.Arch,
 replied 8 years ago
Do your parents have a court order that grants them a conservatorship?

NOT SURE HOW DO I FIND OUT AND WHAT IS HOUSE ARREST

Lawyer: M.Arch,
 replied 8 years ago
"House Arrest" is a lenient alternative to prison time, in which a person is sentenced to be confined to his or her home for some period of time.
You would know if you were under house arrest - because you would have been charged with some crime and you would have been on trial or you would have agreed to this sentence.
So I think we can rule this out!

If your parents were granted a conservatorship (the authority to make financial or health care decisions for you because of a mental or physical condition that renders you unable to make informed and sound decisions for yourself) I would think you would be aware of this too. They would have had to prove that you were incapable of making your own decisions, and in order to do this they would have had to present evidence from physicians and/or mental health professionals that agreed with them - which means that you would have had to be examined...

Are your parents claiming that they have legal authority over you?

I still don't understand why you can't just move out?

You have not answered my question about WHAT your parents keep going to court about.
WHAT is the issue that they keep going to court about?

Also, please let me know if you want me to transfer your question to our Legal category. It still is not clear to me whether you are looking for legal information, or whether you want to discuss strategies for moving out on your own.

Edited by MJ on 6/19/2010 at 11:23 PM EST
M.Arch

LEGAL

THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO KNNOW THEY WANT TO CONTROL ME AND I WANT LET THEM AND EVERYTIME iIM NOT LETTING THEM GET THERE WAY SO I THINK THAT IS WHY PULS THIS IS COSTING ME DISSTRESS

Lawyer: M.Arch,
 replied 8 years ago
Ok - thanks for answering that question.
I'm going to opt out and transfer this to the Legal category so that an expert there can try to address your concerns.

Best of luck.
ok thanks