is a diving board part of the sale of a home

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Thank you for your question.

Yes it is--it is deemed a "fixture" as it is attached physically to the property itself. If the board is free-standing and is not attached, then no, the sellers maintain ownership of it and can remove it themselves.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 6/16/2010 at 3:09 AM EST
what do you mean free standing? I just bought a house with pic of a diving board and there is none.
A "free-standing" board is one that is not attached to the property--it is not held on by drills or is otherwise connected to the pool. Those boards exist but they are rare--go outside and if you can find the base as to where the board was attached to the pool, then the board was not free-standing, is deemed a fixture, and is considered a part of the house.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 6/16/2010 at 3:14 AM EST