if i have suspended driver license in OR for a DUII (first…

Customer Question
if i have suspended driver...
if i have suspended driver license in OR for a DUII (first offense) can i obtain a new license in South Carolina?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2010
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 8 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

I'm afraid that unless you are willing to commit perjury, and risk being criminally prosecuted and jailed, you don't have a chance of getting a license in SC while your license in OR is suspended for a DUI. SC won't give you a license knowing your OR license is not presently valid because of a DUI---I'm sorry.

You will have to wait until you are eligible for driving privileges in OR before SC will issue a license.

I wish you the best in 2010.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so. I do work diligently to provide you with the correct Answer under the law, and because I have no control over what the law is, I ask you not to hold that against me. It has been my pleasure to assist you, and would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having answered your Question. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Doug