My wife and I maybe getting a divorice. We have two vechicles.

Customer Question
One is a truck that...
My wife and I maybe getting a divorice. We have two vechicles. One is a truck that is in her name only from before we met. The second is in both our names. I am the father of a 6 year old with full custody and she is the step mom. Anyway, could she end up getting both vehicles or would she get the vechicle with only her name and I would get the one with both our names on it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2010
Lawyer: Michael J., Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Michael J., Esq.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your legal problem today.

There would be no reason for her to get both vehicles. Minnesota is an "equitable distribution state" which means title does not matter and the vehicles will be divided equitably. If there are two cars, they are usually split between the spouses.

Good luck,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael