what can i do to have a brother released from prison he has…

Customer Question
what can i do to...
what can i do to have a brother released from prison he has served 27 years already HE IS NOW IN SHANDS HOSPITAL WITH AN ANURESM AND MAY NOT LIVE hE IS IN ACOMA these prisons are abusive they are starving and no-one knows where to get help they finally told me today they would allow me a visit because he is ICU critical but how do I get him released as he wii be impaired and will need therapy and the proper foods etc as i said he has been there 25 years for attempted murder.Ive called ererywhere for a probono attorney but to no avail But i was told they can be released for medical reasons thankyou,joanne
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

What state are you in?

i am in brandon fl I just dont know where to start
Unfortunately, you have limited choices here. The problem is that the state retains the legal right to hold on to an inmate even with health problems, PROVIDED that he gets proper care.So to get him out, your best bet would be to file a motion with the court alleging cruel and unusual punishment if his needs are not being taken care of. Now this is unlikely to be successful, I'll be honest, but to get him out, that's the best and only option.You may also contact the Florida Dept of Corrections's Inspector General at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto request that his conditions be maintained if they are not. You may also get information on his health at any time by [email protected]

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”