me and my husband have a joint account in 2008, I took some…

Customer Question
me and my husband have...
me and my husband have a joint account in 2008, I took some money from the account for a period of 6 months- 1 year, to buy groceries, stuff for me and the house. my husband got mad when he found up that I was ussing that money. now Im trying to get the divorce from him, he is in jail and is threaten me to take me to jail because I took that money.
Can he do anything about it? he doesn want to get the divorce.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

a joint account is just that - it is available to whomever is listed on that account. he has no recourse against you for taking the money.