i live in new jersey. i have a 3rd degree cds felony charge,

Customer Question
(possession), first offense, convicted in...
i live in new jersey. i have a 3rd degree cds felony charge, (possession), first offense, convicted in 2007. i am trying to get a job working for an airline, that's at the airport, but it requires a security clearance, according to the airline's secruity officer stated in the letter. he says there's two ways i can get clearance: either a govern pardon or have my charge reduced from a felony to a misdeameanor. would that be possible?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Actually, he's half right. You can't reduce a conviction - it's there to stay. So unfortunately, the only way you have to clear this is through a governor's pardon - here - Clemency Investigator
New Jersey State Parole Board
P.O. Box 862
Trenton, NJ 08265
Tel:(NNN) NNN-NNNNBR>
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNBR>Call them/write them to get the forms.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”