I am a woman who wants to leave her property to a domestic…

Customer Question
I am a woman who...
I am a woman who wants to leave her property to a domestic male partner and not my children? How can I make certain that he remains in the house owned by me, pays the mortgage, which he is doing now, and his children and grandchildren receive the property upon his death, or upon my death if it is after he dies?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Do you have a will?

no will yet or will change the existing one
Then this is what you have to do. Your will will change the usual way property is divided after someone passes, so that you can direct it to go to ANYONE. Here is a sample will below:http://www.medlawplus.com/forminfo/wills/sample/floridawill.pdf

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”