Purchased a used car from Brittish Auto in Pompano, 1997 for…

Customer Question
Purchased a used car from...
Purchased a used car from Brittish Auto in Pompano, 1997 for $2,000.00, drove car home to Hallandale immediatley call Brittish Auto & told them that the engine lite came on ,windshield cracked all the way across , the A/C was not working ,that the car was making noise & pulling to one side. They told me to bring it back, I did, It was there for a week, Paid a mechnic to pick up car, the car still had the following problems:

A/C
Engine Lite
racknpinion struts
Strut mounts
full tune up
Transmisson shifts hard

Have been trying so hard to get my monies back, which they said they would if I was not happy with the car, but now they refuse to give back the monies, they said you win some you lose some. I am a 59 year old women, unemployed, pick up watch children for $100.00 a week, I told him that I can not put these children in the car. Please help me I am so desperate. My phone # XXXXX XXXXX my name isXXXXX have all the conversations I had with them.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

Unfortunately there is not a right of rescission on vehicle purchases. Therefore, absent language to the contrary in the contract or deposit statement, you would not have a right to rescind nor renegotiate the contract.

That said, you have several causes of action that may be available to you.

1. Breach of express warranty. An express warranty is a warranty that is stated, for example,a verbal representation made by a salesperson at the dealership concerning your vehicle.

2. Breach of the Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP) laws. This cause of action may arise when the salesperson made verbal promises or did not disclose known issues concerning your vehicle.

3. Florida's version of the Uniform Commercial Code may provide you with an additional cause of action.

I suggest that you retain local counsel to pursue your remedies.