How can I receive a copy of the records of a case # 0065302,

Customer Question
How can I receive a...
How can I receive a copy of the records of a case #(NNN) NNN-NNNN trial records and prison records
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2010
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 8 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

While the prison records of individual prisoners are not public records and not available to you, the case records are contained in the court file and are public records. You will not generally find all the court records on the internet, I'm afraid.

All you need do is go to the courthouse where the case was handled and ask the Criminal Law Clerk to pull the file for you. You can have a copy of the entire file made as well, if that is something that you want.

I wish you the best in 2010.

Please don’t forget that I only receive credit for having helped you when you click on the Accept Button located at my Answer.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the info, where can I look on the internet to see if I can find the case file?

Good morning,

A few counties do have a limited number of case documents listed on line---for example I can look up a case on line here in Savannah, GA, but all I will find in the case name and a listing of the documents filed in the court file---but I can not view any of the documents. In Federal Courts you can generally see all documents of recent cases.

You will want to go to the county court website for the county you believe the case was located in. If the case is recent---within the past few years you may be able to locate it via a search of the docket link---if your specific county has such a search feature. Hopefully that will at least allow you to confirm that the case is located at that court.

If a copy of the file is important to you, and you are not local to the area, you may be able to get a court clerk to copy it for you. Alternatively, any local records copying service in the county will be happy to gather the records for you----however you may pay upwards of $1.00 per page by having a copy service obtain the records for you.

Thank you for your kind words. Please remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answers. Until then your payment is simply held on deposit. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Doug