we have been summoned to lower township n cape may nj in regards…

Customer Question
we have been summoned to...
we have been summoned to lower township n cape may nj in regards XXXXX XXXXX former home which we were granted ch 7 discharge in feb 2010;

this is in regards XXXXX XXXXX of former property which we no longer have rights to entry of-as our attorney stated this-in conjunction with the mortgage holder.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/15/2010
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

If the mortgage holder hasn't foreclosed and taken title to the property yet, then it is still in your name and the bankruptcy discharge doesn't change that. I don't know why you wouldn't have the right of entry under that circumstance. The Cape May township might be able to issue orders concerning the property. You will have to determine if you might be personally liable for the cost, or if they can merely lien the property which doesn't make any difference to you.

Please click on the green ACCEPT button so that I will be compensated for this answer. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you have any follow up question feel free to ask it. No attorney-client relationship is created by this answer.

sorry....this is not an acceptable answer under the federal guidelines of ch 7 discharge.

1. federal decisions supercede city county state......

2. ANALOGY - you go through a ch 7 discharge with your home-

* ok so you go to this hearing and agree to mow.......NEXT a dead tree has to be removed......next a new roof siding and rain gutters have to be replaced.

YOUR ANSWER IS UNACCEPTABLE because you are keeping us your client liable for thi for an "indefinite term."

Thanx we already checked with others...and if you are not aware of the countrywide lawsuit in regards XXXXX XXXXX same situation they were court ordered to refubnd millions to countys, and clients. Thanks but no thanks. XXXXX AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE ME FOR THIS RESPONSe

I have opened the question for other experts. You will not be charged for my answer. Please do not reply to this notification.