I recently had my car inpounded for lapsed registration and…

Customer Question
I recently had my car...
I recently had my car inpounded for lapsed registration and insurance. I'm currently employed and would like to obtain my vehicle back. In addition I need to file for chapter 7 bankruptcy. Would can you suggest?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, are you able to pay the amount of the judgement against you to regain possession of the vehicle?

no.

ok, then unfortunately the car will sit in the impound until your bankruptcy is considered by the trustee. Rather than focus on regaining possession of the car, focus on filing your bankruptcy as a route to regain possession of the car for a sum less than what is currently being demanded.
If i do that will i be able to regain my car during the time of filing bankruptcy?
Yes.