My sister and husband have had their children at home and do…

Customer Question
My sister and husband have...
My sister and husband have had their children at home and do not have birth certificates for them. The children have not attended school or any other organization which would have required identity. The oldest child is now 19 and I am wondering how I can help her establish an identity if she wants to do this.
Both of the parents have their own birth records, social security numbers, are american born, and have US educations. There are many family members on both sides who can verify the fact of pregancy and birth for all of the children.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
You will have to call your county here--they vary slightly

Birth certificates in California are obtained through the local city or county government. Each has a slightly different set of forms and requirements. Here are links to some major metropolitan areas: