I have an arraignment for failing to submit to a breathalyzer…

Customer Question
I have an arraignment for...
I have an arraignment for failing to submit to a breathalyzer , my job has already requested my court dates.. I am in a management position and required band deposits are part of my job. I feel they are preparing to fire me? Will I be able to request work diving privleges in this case?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Hammer O'Justice, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Hammer O'Justice
Hello.

Unfortunately, refusing the breathalyzer results in a 6 month license suspension, and while some states have provisions for limited and/or hardship licenses, Rhode Island is not one of those states. You can try to challenge the suspension at a DMV hearing, but unless you didn't actually refuse the breathalyzer, there's really nothing you could say that would stop the license suspension unfortunately.