my son is in the hospital and his L.P.N.s gave his test results…

Customer Question
my son is in the...
my son is in the hospital and his L.P.N.s gave his test results to my boyfriends father before calling me with them and they told him my insurance was going to pay for all of his care and I would not get stuck with a bill. Then they got permission from my boy friend to do surgery on my son he is my son's father but he is not on the birthceriticate. Can they do this to me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

was it an emergency surgery? do you and your son's father have joint legal custody?

no and no my son is only 3 months old

hi

that should never have happened. you should consult with a local attorney who can evaluate the matter for you regarding a possible lawsuit against the hospital.

if you are the custodial parent, he is not on the birth cert, it was not an emergency and there is no joint legal custody then you are the only one who should have been told anything and the only one who would be legally able to give the go ahead.