realtor rented to me a house in foreclosure without disclosure.

Customer Question
She forged owners signature on...
realtor rented to me a house in foreclosure without disclosure. She forged owners signature on one contract and gave them a totally different one. She got caught and gave them half of monies she collected from me. She kept $800. She also went to owners and had them sign over her forged signatures on forged contract. One contract was for $800. rental(which she planned to keep) the other was "for utilities only". I have copies of everything.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/14/2010
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, is your question whether you can remain in the property or file suit against the landlord?

There is a question as to who knew and did not disclose the house was in foreclosure. There was a law passed in (Nevada)Las Vegas recently that requires disclosure. Whether it makes the landlord liable or the realtor is one question. Then I would know who to hold responsible. I have a contract that says: I pay for utlities only for 12 months at which time I purchase the house. The Realtor told the owners that I was approved when in fact I had never filled out any loan papers or apps. There is a contract for $800,00 which is forged . Also a Purchase greement which I never signed that she had the owners sign. She has been fired for this and other things she did while at her Brokers Real estate office. I lost my job almost as soon as I moved in and it has really taken a toll on me with the stress. I just found a new job and plan to move asap however I feel someone owes me for placing me in this situation.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX knew or should have known that the home was in foreclosure, the owners clearly knew as their failure to pay the mortgage lead to the foreclosure. You would hold the Realtor liable for the failure to disclose/notify you as she had the duty to disclose/discover the bankruptcy. You would hold the owner's liable as co-conspirators since they went along with the realtor's forgery after the fact.
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you , What monies should I ask for. I was thinking $2-3K so I can move. plus?
You would ask for your out of pocket expenses, plus a sum to compensate you for the inconvenience and punitive damages.
Thank you very much. I will file a claim in small claims.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good day.